What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush only paints with a half visible color? dont know how I made it do that. help :(

Jernaben

I think I hit the keyboard and made it do so. now I have to paint with the brush 5 times or so, at the same spot to get the strong color I pick. When I paint, I can se the bagground behind it

How do i fix this?:rolleyes:

Re: Brush only paints with a half visible color? dont know how I made it do that. hel

Sounds like you might have changed the opacity. For full strength this setting should be at 100%. You might also want to check the other settings in the attached (either side of opacity).

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Brush only paints with a half visible color? dont know how I made it do that. hel

Oh god I feel so stupid..

It worked. thank you very much!! :)

What you probably did was have the brush tool active and accidentally hit a number key. 1 = 10%, 2 =20% . . . 0 = 100%.

What you probably did was have the brush tool active and accidentally hit a number key. 1 = 10%, 2 =20% . . . 0 = 100%.

ah, Could very well be what I did :)

How do you know that ??

Hey mikey read the first post lol

How do I know what? That this is what it might have been (since he thinks he hit some key?) or that the numbers equal opacity?

Using number keys to set opacity

I believe I ran across it in a lynda.com tutorial. Whenever someone posts tips and tricks for PS, I check them out, even if they're posted by a newbie PSer who just discovered that cmd/ctl + T does transform, lol. You never know what someone might have found out. Sometimes I discover something accidentally, but if it doesn't seem useful, I quickly forget about it. Probably should at least write it down.

BTW, same thing applies to layer opacity as long as the selected tool doesn't have an opacity option. So any tool which does have the option can be changed with the number keys.

I like it !

Hey ... He likes it., Mikey likes it...... Hey Mikey!

My fav shortcut is using the bracket keys to increase/decrease brush size, also Ctrl-bracket (or was or shift?) to increase/decrease brush edge hardness.

I believe I ran across it in a lynda.com tutorial. Whenever someone posts tips and tricks for PS, I check them out, even if they're posted by a newbie PSer who just discovered that cmd/ctl + T does transform, lol. You never know what someone might have found out. Sometimes I discover something accidentally, but if it doesn't seem useful, I quickly forget about it. Probably should at least write it down.

BTW, same thing applies to layer opacity as long as the selected tool doesn't have an opacity option. So any tool which does have the option can be changed with the number keys.

Nice tip, thanks, now all I have to do is remember it (50/50 chance on that one).

Nice tip, thanks, now all I have to do is remember it (50/50 chance on that one).
Yep....IF I REMEMBER.....

Wait a minute! You guys don't have little yellow stickies all over your monitor like I do?

Nah, I lost the whole pad......

Back