What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

brushes folder cc denying permission?

iDad

Guru
Has anyone had this problem sense cc? I can no longer add a brush to use. I only have default brushes no others loaded but keep getting this?Screen Shot 2014-05-05 at 1.36.14 PM.png... Why wouldn't I have permission to modify the brushes folders? is it a news CC rule? Anybody have a hint on how I should go about this?

This sort of thing has happened to me in the past ... as I recall, it wasn't with brushes, but with something else like license files needed to make purchased plugins work (or something similar).

The fix was really simple - I think that all I did was run PS as an administrator to get the file to be recognized. I'm pretty sure I didn't have to go in and manually change permissions on the folders/files in question.

YMMV,

T

iDad, you can try this.........

Download the ABR.
I always place the ABR files in a personal folder just in case I need them again later.
Rename the ABR to a more sensible name if needed.
Copy the ABR file.
Go to (Mac) > Applications, Photoshop CS6 (or whatever), Presets, Brushes.
Then I paste the ABR file.
The only issue is that you have to restart Ps in order for the brushes to show up.
Then I can use the Preset Manager to move the brushes around if I want.

Don't know if that helps you out any, otherwise I'm stumped as to why your getting that error message.

I use a program called brush pilot, I believe that's the culprit, it seems CC doesn't recognize it anymore. I haven't had a chance to check into this thoroughly yet but I'll keep you updated, thanks for the ideas Sam.

Hummm..so you do actually do work in PS. Show us some of YOUR goodies sometime.
I use a program called brush pilot, I believe that's the culprit, it seems CC doesn't recognize it anymore. I haven't had a chance to check into this thoroughly yet but I'll keep you updated, thanks for the ideas Sam.

Haha..... Funny guy

I never place the brushes in the PS presets.
I have them in a separate folder and load them when I need them.

Back