What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brushes - how do add downloaded brushes to list

EM77

Hi there I am new and got the first of many questions to come

I have been on this site called brushes.obsidiandawn.

I downloaded a huge selection of brushes to use, however I don't know how to successfully add them to Photoshop (I got Elements 6)

At the moment I have to open the document and drag it onto the brushes. It will however only display the number of spaces left on the list so I have had to choose (I believe Thick brushes) which only have another 3 to choose from already so therefore get to see a larger selection of the brushes available in the download pack.

However, I want to add it so that I can see all the downloaded brushes without having to constantly drag the file I want to use..

So just wondering if there is a way around this and if so, how do you add it to photoshop.

Photoshop Elements is not a different version, it's a different program.
and that helps the original poster... how exactly?

Anyway, judging by steve's undiplomatic and unhelpful response, it seems that you might have trouble following any instruction I give (cs3 is the only photoshop I've ever touched). Best advice I can say is to explore, as long as you don't mess with your preferences you can't break anything so feel free to look around.

Thank you

I have managed to add a few brushes to the set template and it appear to be working so far.

I did several searches and tried different things, but at the end of the day I always appreciate when someone tries their best to help.

Back