What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

business question

ronmatt

Guru
I guess anything is marketable. Sellers have actually sold Nothing on ebay before. The problem with Styles are books like the WOW series that include plenty of them on the accompanying CD's. Of course, it's not expensive to sell on the internet these days, so what have you got to lose? Go for it, and good luck.

:perfect: 8)) :perfect:

Sark

I'm a style nut and have looked at many collections of styles for sale. I've purchased one collection, "Adobe Photoshop 7 One-Click Wow!" by Jack Davis and Linnea Dayton. On the CD were over 800 great styles but more importantly they taught, in the accompanying book, how to look at, deconstruct, and create your own. I've given the book to half a dozen people.

When it comes to collections, the prices vary widely. Andrew's voluminous offerings of stuff for Photoshop and Illustrator are probably at the greatest value of numbers per $. He sells a bundle of two collections, 7,000 styles for $15. I've never been tempted as the styles used for the examples are awful.

http://www.graphicxtras.com/products/ps_bundles.htm

At sort of the high end, Human Software sells their collections of styles 500 for about $40. I'm not impressed by theirs either.

Frankly, since that initial purchase, I've never seen any collection I thought worth paying for as there are free collections galore. The Adobe Studio Exchange has thousands of great styles just for a start. Then Hatch's entire collection (formerly PSXtras is still available at WZ2K). They are a mixed bag with about half being very valuable in my estimation.

Having seen your other work, ronmatt, I would look very closely at any collection of styles you offered for sale. I would expect them to be exceptional. The price point for 100 couldn't exceed $10, I'd guess, to find a market. How you would do that is the key. Usually people selling PS or Illustrator presets have a web site? with many varieties of presets offered. Good Luck!

I know that if I decide to do this 'venture' I would have to break down and get a site on the web. I would also include textures, and I've got some pretty unique textures, a few tutes on how to create some of my effects, some actions and contours. I may go for it. God knows I'm too old to go out and earn an honest living. Thanks for the advise.-RM

Back