What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera Raw Issue

knowoneuno

I was trying to "straighten up" this image with the Camera Raw filter. Yet, when I tried, Photoshop said, "No upright correction found".

When this happens, is there any way whatsoever to get the Camera Raw filter to work? Granted, this image was shot at an odd angle, but
this happens to be a lot when I'm photographing the interior of a jet.

Attaching the two screen shots.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 9.52.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 9.53.05 AM.png

Then I also have a follow-up to my first question. Sometimes when trying to straighten the images, this happens. Any tips on this, as well?

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 10.11.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 10.11.53 AM.png

Hi @knowoneuno

Lots of different questions on a lot of image. It would help when you say "how do you fix 'this' " that you add a pointer on the screenshot to the specific problem you want help with.
Many may see problems and suggestions for help that are not targeting "this" problem

In general, if you are taking raw images, having Adobe ACR set up to do lens correction with your specific camera and lens settings often helps as a first step.
I also suggest once in PS and Smart Object, give the Filter > Lens Correction and start with your camera settings for correction and if that is not helpful go to custom changes. the Camera Raw Filter has some of the same name corrections yet you might get more of what you want with Lens Correction.

You may or may not have already tried this so it would help to know what you have already tried. From your screen shots it does not appear you are showing andy geometric adjustment syet in the Camera Raw Filter.

Just as an example I took one of your images and made some adjustments. I have a screenshot of the Lens Correction Filter settings and the result in PS. There are certainly tradeoffs on all of the settings and also when making the adjustments, you may have significant areas left to fill or crop to a smaller image.

Not sure if this helps yet might help start the conversation
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 12.20.14 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 12.20.32 PM.jpg

Thank you for your reply.

On both sets of images, the first shot is the "original shot" before I put it into Camera Raw.
The second image of each set, is the result I got in Camera Raw, once I pressed the "A" button
to automatically apply geometric corrections to the entire image.

Normally, about 95% of the time, Photoshop "fixes" the image and straightens it up pretty nice, just every now and then, I'll get one where the software program
cannot adjust it, correctly.

I hope that helps me explain it better.

Back