What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can anyone outline an image?

LayFant59

I would like this done for me, thanks!

I'd like the hands to have a white stroke, that knocks out the text. Disregard the text at the top, that was me trying different things to get it to work. The bottom one has the text outlined. Theres approx 31 layers because I tried to do some stuff. Hopefully its not too confusing lol. Beginner here lol. I tried to copy the image, make it white, put it behind but the text still isnt knocked out with the outline of the hands.

Attachments

• QKLogo-3.psd
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Hi @LayFant59
I don't think this would be a tough problem yet it would be easier to help, if you created a duplicate PSD file and deleted all Layers not associated with your question.
That will reduce the possible confusion and giving bad recommendations from forum members
BTW - also, I think you are using "knock-out" to mean overwrite with white yet I am not so sure. Some interpret that as "make transparent" and there is an actual Photoshop Layer function named "knock-out" to which I believe you are not referring.
Just a suggestion
John Wheeler

Not sure if your idea is going to work here. This is the hands with a 2 px white stroke.....
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.56.20 AM.png

This is the hands with the 2px stroke masked out of the text...........(I think this is what you are calling "knockout")
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.56.32 AM.png

Let me know if I'm not understanding you.

It looks much better without anything..
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 9.59.57 AM.png

Back