What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i make the blurry text on these pictures readable? It's a very important matter

aarushi

This is like a very urgent matter to me. And if the text becomes readable it'll be of immense help. Can anyone tell me how I can do this? Thanks!

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 14
Re: Can i make the blurry text on these pictures readable? It's a very important matt

I was able to tweak it for darker letters and more contrast....BUT the pixels are weak, and sharpening helped, but not readable.

I would send Tom Mann a PM to see if he can work some magic.

Re: Can i make the blurry text on these pictures readable? It's a very important matt

Thanks, Mike.

I'll take a look at it when I get home late tonight, but don't expect miracles. All the TV crime / forensics shows have made people think that software can do astonishing feats of image de-blurring. Unfortunately, it can only help a bit, and that's only if you are lucky. I'll post something late tonight or tmmrw.

Tom

My guess is that it's going to be hard to do much with this. Here's the result of about 15 min of work. I could get many different forms, some more contrasty, some less, but the readability of all was about the same to my eyes. Maybe someone else should give this a shot.

I gotta say, the handwriting doesn't help much, either. LOL.

Tom

Attachments

• tjm_tweak020130802a.png
    tjm_tweak020130802a.png
    726.4 KB · Views: 13

By the way, what is this document? With the signatures at the end, it looks almost like a page from a lab notebook that has been witnessed for patent purposes.

T

Larry, you should take a shot at this. You've been able to do some nice sharpening in the past.

Tom

Thanks Mike and Tom for making all these efforts. It actually is an agreement that we made with somebody who rammed his car into mine. The agreement says the guy will pay for the damages but now he is trying to escape the entire scenario. With no CCTV footage or anything else, this is the only proof that we have. I'll try and get the guy who wrote the entire thing to see if he can read it now.

@OP - Sorry we couldn't do better. Also, good luck with all the post-accident hassles that you are obviously going through.

Tom

I looked at it Tom and I believe this could be made readable IF it was type text instead of some really bad penmanship. But you have already done the best job on it and I could spend time on it and not equal what you did. However, it looks as if the signature is readable and there are some part numbers referenced on 6, so the OP may be able to use that as evidence in his pursuit of this person.
Larry, you should take a shot at this. You've been able to do some nice sharpening in the past.

Tom

thanks you so much guys for all the help and for taking all the pains to try and make the pathetic handwriting readable...really really appreciate that...some good will come out of it hopefully!

Back