What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can this be lightened and corrected?

RedDwarf4Ever

It's an important holiday photo of my fiancee, would love to improve it
It's only a jog, hopefully can be corrected and saved in a lossless format

Thank youIMG_20230909_214413.jpg

Best I can get out of this...tried my best to overcome the underexposure and blurriness. The more I worked with it, the more I thought it would better as a painting.
So ended up with two version.s.. :)

Restored
woman in red.jpg

Watercolor
woman in red watercolor.jpg

After seeing @chrisdesign work, decided to have another go at it. My first round was too rushed and I think my watercolor was a hail Mary to say the least.
So went in a second time and put more effort into it. Tough image to work on...

fiance REV.2.jpg

Thank you, this looks the most natural, could you give some idea of the process used, would love to see how this is done
Could you please provide in a lossless format, assume was used for editing

Thank you, this looks the most natural, could you give some idea of the process used, would love to see how this is done
Could you please provide in a lossless format, assume was used for editing
Lots of experimentation with numerous curves adjustment layers in a variety of blend modes and opacities; clone tool in a similar fashion; glasses via AI; blur; selective
charpening, etc including painting in color mode. Each adjustment was done on a seperate layer thereby, enabling the use of different blend modes and opacities.
I have attached the download site HERE for the full sized file.

Lots of experimentation with numerous curves adjustment layers in a variety of blend modes and opacities; clone tool in a similar fashion; glasses via AI; blur; selective
charpening, etc including painting in color mode. Each adjustment was done on a seperate layer thereby, enabling the use of different blend modes and opacities.
I have attached the download site HERE for the full sized file.
Incredible results from patient work. Knowing what you want to get and how to get there - great stuff Gary. 🙂

Thank you so very much really very pleased, this is such an important photo to me,
Really appreciate all your work

1708635490061.png

Here is some quick adjustments...
I might add if it was super important I could go much deeper into a custom restoration (where I actually go in and edit individual areas manually to balance the tones/shadows to look more solid - but that takes a long time)
*note the one image might appear to have a grid if you view it at the wrong scale (looking at it at 100% this effect is gone)
I also saved these in 12 quality JPG which is almost impossible to tell from lossless (they are around 5Meg each) - but as per request I have also included the one in .png (10 meg)
gamma corrected tone adjusted texturized 2.jpg

gamma corrected tone adjusted B.jpg

gamma corrected tone adjusted texturized 2.png

I actually realized I uploaded the wrong version above (but I could not longer edit it)
Here is another take on what the scene could look like (again the only way I could see this getting any better would be to zoom in manually and edit the entire image by hand)

gamma corrected tone adjusted (oil).png

Nice work thanks

But I prefer the one babine did, not on dudplay, but download link guven

Thank you once again for everyones efforts

Really appreciated

Back