What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can u plz give me some advice for getting better my works?

polarwoc

Guru
Wolf & Moon: Looks good overall. The wolf could have been cut out more diligently - left side of the wolf as we see it has extra portion and right side fur is fuzzy. There was no attempt to deal with shadows, but it is not that necessary in this composition. Positive point is, if you were able to do this, you are capable of achieving much more provided you invest time and efforts.

Snake & Skull: The background looks more focused than the foreground. There is a clear light source in the sky, which casts a shadow at the entrance of the cave but there is no hint of shadows cast by Snake & Skull. Rest of the cave is dark, but there is supposedly a light source casting its light on the Snake+Skull+Rock - Nevertheless, that source should be casting shadows, especially under the body of snake, on its neck portion where shadow of the hood would be, etc. Also, the Skull and the Rock have an outline that need not be there? Snake cut out could have been better.

Not commenting on the Lion image.

Overall, you have skills and they have a potential to be honed further. Photoshopping is fun and we are all learners.

Argos

Guru
Hi Mr.glassy

I think I would start by improving the basics like the cut, matching colors, tone, contrast, basic lightning.. for that I will start with very simple ideas.
For example, try to blend a simple jar on a table. you can think it too easy... but if you try to blend it in a way that people can't tell you added that jar you will figure it out is not easy at all.

Once you can do that... you can try something a little bit harder .... Starting with a landscape with an animal is just too many things you need to consider, and looking at your work you're not there yet. Just my opinion.

English is not my main language so hope it's understandable...

Best Regards,
David.

mr.glassy

Wolf & Moon: Looks good overall. The wolf could have been cut out more diligently - left side of the wolf as we see it has extra portion and right side fur is fuzzy. There was no attempt to deal with shadows, but it is not that necessary in this composition. Positive point is, if you were able to do this, you are capable of achieving much more provided you invest time and efforts.

Snake & Skull: The background looks more focused than the foreground. There is a clear light source in the sky, which casts a shadow at the entrance of the cave but there is no hint of shadows cast by Snake & Skull. Rest of the cave is dark, but there is supposedly a light source casting its light on the Snake+Skull+Rock - Nevertheless, that source should be casting shadows, especially under the body of snake, on its neck portion where shadow of the hood would be, etc. Also, the Skull and the Rock have an outline that need not be there? Snake cut out could have been better.

Not commenting on the Lion image.

Overall, you have skills and they have a potential to be honed further. Photoshopping is fun and we are all learners.
Thank you very much for your valuable advises. hope i can do better.

mr.glassy

I think I would start by improving the basics like the cut, matching colors, tone, contrast, basic lightning.. for that I will start with very simple ideas.
For example, try to blend a simple jar on a table. you can think it too easy... but if you try to blend it in a way that people can't tell you added that jar you will figure it out is not easy at all.

Once you can do that... you can try something a little bit harder .... Starting with a landscape with an animal is just too many things you need to consider, and looking at your work you're not there yet. Just my opinion.

English is not my main language so hope it's understandable...

Best Regards,
David.
i'll try my best on them. thank you for your time David. hope i can improve the said skill.