What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can you clean the wall and remove the manhole cover ?

Mbellamy

Hello everyone !
Everything is in the title, I'd like the wall on which I am sitting to look clean, same for the floor, and if you could remove the manhole cover that would be wonderful.
Thank you so much !!

IMG_2580.JPG

Mbellamy

Hello Psleon, thank you for taking your time I actually like the result. However the colors are very bright on my picture and completely colorless on yours...I don't understand why

psleon

They look identical to me when i put them side by side. Not sure what that would be i'm afraid

thebestcpu

Guru
This is probably a Color Management issue.
Mbellamy, the image you posted had a Color Profile of Display P3
Psleon - the color numbers of your image indicate that the color space was not changed yet you saved the image with no Color Space attached to the file

If Mbellamy's Color Management interprets your image as sRGB for default, then it would look very desaturated. Below I have taken Psleons image and attached the Display P3 Color Space through Assign Profile. Maybe that will come out looking correctly.

Hope this helps
John Wheeler

51wv1hsj-with Display P3 Color Space.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
I compared the three files posted so far by juxtaposing them. Here is the result:
Untitled.png
There is still a difference. Water and sky show the contrast starkly.
@psleon could you check if any of the adjustment layers is not clipped? Maybe you used auto-adjustments?

psleon

A mystery... i still do not see the difference No adjustment layers used, no adjustments made in color/tone/saturation etc.

thebestcpu

Guru
After overlaying all of the images, I do mathematically see a difference. It is subtle and it is there. So since the OP wanted just the wall changed and its color was probably not important, I just overlayed the two images and masked in just psleon's great fixes on the wall and left the rest of the original image alone and also made sure the Color Space was tagged the same way it came in as Display P3. Hopefully that gives the desired end result. The image is attached below.
Now tracking down the source of the problem may be difficult yet if it was a Color Management issue here are some steps to avoid
- Bring the image into PS with an embedded color profile (submitter has to make sure that is the case and in this case the incoming Color Profile was Display P3
- Preserve that color profile and edit in the embedded color profile space (in this case again Display P3)
- When done, save the image out with the same original Color Space

With the above steps, there is no conversion in the software from one Color Space to another which can include changes of black point as well

Again, the differences were subtle yet do show that there were some changes. Just might be hard at this point to track down the source.
John Wheeler
51wv1hsj-overlayed.jpg

Mbellamy

Thank you very much for the help!! So sorry to annoy you with this, the result is perfect

thebestcpu

Guru
All kudos goes to @psleon for the great work. I just identified a shortcut to get around the mystery of the color change which was just a simple layer mask.

psleon

Cheers John, not sure what happened there but i'll keep an eye out for any shifts in colour ;)