What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Can you improve this beer label. please?

finfin

Dear gurus, can you please improve this beer label? The label will be used on a custom beer I am giving my father as his 60th birthday present. He is very excited about all this, and has designed the label himself in a very hands-on old-fashioned way (you can see where he has cut and glued the letters on paper), and I would love to make it really look amazing. If someone could help make the colours pop, remove the contours, etc, I would really appreciate it. Right now the background is white, but it would be amazing if you could make the backround ligth blue or somehow more water-like. The font can be changed, if you think another font would make it look even better. The label it will be used on is 67 x 97 mm (I am not sure about the pixels). Anyone up for this challenge, and let me give an awesome gift to a really great dad? :)

Fish_beer label.jpg

Chteflu

@carlbush : Really amazing work !!! Design & color of the fish, Text font & texture and the whole composition of the logo ! Impressive skills !

carlbush

Power User

finfin

@carlbrush and @Babine Thank you both so much for taking the time to make suggestions! Both are amazing. My dad will be so happy. :) @carlbrush, I've sent you a message regarding one of the labels, that I think would work really well for this purpose :)

Chteflu

Thank you for the kind words. For the text, I have a large assortment (1000's) of text effects that are in the STYLES directory of Photoshop. The individual elements within each 'style' are also customizable. There are a number of websites that offer free and/or paid 'styles' downloads. https://www.mightydeals.com/ and https://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/ are just two that I use.
Thank you for the advice and for the links. One additionnal question, what tool did you use for the drawing of the fish ? Pen Tool ? Brush Tool ? Other.

carlbush

Power User
Thank you for the advice and for the links. One additionnal question, what tool did you use for the drawing of the fish ? Pen Tool ? Brush Tool ? Other.
I like to use the pen tool and then either fill the shape or use the "create vector mask" option. Both work well for keeping the edges nice and crisp.

finfin

This is absolutely increadible! Great work @carlbrush, I am in complete awe of your talent. I showed this to may dad and his respons was "Well, now it doesn't even matter if the beer tastes good, because it looks awesome!". He is super happy, and so am I. Thank you very, very much! I have to say I did not know what to expect when posting here (it is my first time using this forum), but I have beencompletely blown away by this kindness and professionalism. It is truly amazing. Thank you.

finfin

Hi @carlbrush, may I ask you to change the cl-amount on the label from 50 cl to 33 cl? We've done the brewing now, and in the end my dad wanted the 33 cl size. That would be lovely, thank you! We also now know the strength will be 4,9 %, but if it is too much trouble to work it in, I understand. Ps. He was so proud of the label, he showed it to everyone there. :D