What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Click & Drag the mouse using any tool.

roughwetgrass

Whether it is the paintbrush, marquee, or crop tool - if it requires you to hold down the mouse button and drag on the canvas, it does not work. I've uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. I have even downloaded the trail version of cs6, and I still have the same issue.

Sometimes, however, It works when I first open photoshop - though not always - but stops working after I press the ctrl or shift key.

So, for example, I get a dot if I am trying to paint a line; the marquee and crop tools are useless.

Please help! This is driving me insane.

(I am on a PC using Win7-64bit, problem occurs on both 32 and 64 bit versions of photoshop)

could it be a problem with your hardware or are you confident that it is photoshop thats troubling you.

could it be a problem with your hardware or are you confident that it is photoshop thats troubling you.

I had suspected that - but I am able to highlight text in chrome, paint in pixlr, and other click and hold operations in various programs - so something about this is particular to photoshop.

Also, I have since figured out that the click and drag stops working after any keyboard key is pressed! not just ctrl, alt, or shift...

i am not sure how to do it but if you reset your prefs,that might help. if that doesnt work either than your last option would be to contact adobe.

For the sake of posterity, I had the same exact problem, and discovered that in my case that Synergy was causing it. Uninstalling Synergy fixed the issue.

Some Synergy issue reports suggest that if you run Photoshop as administrator, that will also fix it - but I didn't try that.

For the sake of posterity, I had the same exact problem, and discovered that in my case that Synergy was causing it. Uninstalling Synergy fixed the issue.

Some Synergy issue reports suggest that if you run Photoshop as administrator, that will also fix it - but I didn't try that.

I just registered here to confirm this. Uninstalling Synergy indeed makes the problem go away. I did exactly this last night when I was facing this problem.

Back