What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open CR2 files in CS3 after recovery from a memory card deletion, help please!

hmunster123

I accidentally deleted some photos from a memory card. I recovered them using software called "Recover My Files". This software recovered the files but now I can't open them in CS3. I took these with an old Canon Rebel DSLR and they should not need converting, they opened fine before I deleted them. Any advice much appreciated. I really need these photos. Thanks.

Re: Can't open CR2 files in CS3 after recovery from a memory card deletion, help plea

You want to look for and download Canon RAW Codec. if you don't have it installed already.

http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010371.asp.

also try right clicking them and then select 'open with' then 'choose default program (in the next box that pops up make sure you put a tick in the box that says 'Always use the selected program to open this type of file') and then select Photoshop.

Let us know how you get on.

Re: Can't open CR2 files in CS3 after recovery from a memory card deletion, help plea

Thanks but they won't open with photoshop cs3, is the raw codec the same as the raw plug-in? I have the raw plug-in updated, it still doesn't work.

Just got them to work by recovering them again with a free program called PhotoRec. Thanks for replies.

Glad you got them working again. Was my next suggestion - corrupt files but you're there now so all good :)

Back