What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't see the images on some tutorials

Yes, there's been a few other problems also, like members not being able see profile page and what-not. I guess the Keeper is on vacation so were just gona have to wait till his return. [oops]

geo said:
I know these tutorials are a bit old, but since they are still listed, I expect the images to be there.
That actually means that you expect the owner of this board to go through all the thousands of threads all the time (by hand or with software) to make sure that visitors like you never see any dead links. Not very realistic in my view. :\

geo said:
aren't the images uploaded on the server?
No, not all of them. If you right click on those images and check properties than you see links like w3.chrlmi.cablespeed.com/~halmich/ozone/image.jpg which means that none of these are stored on the server that hosts photoshopgurus.com.

That's why it's recommend that members store their images (if possible) on this server by attaching them to their post(s).

keep in mind those threads arre two years old. Heck I don't remember where I linked some of my own stuff from last week, much less two years ago.

All ya have to do is ask, and Mark will most likely do what ever he can to make things see-able.

Patience Grasshoppa.

BTW, Mark's not on Vacation anymore, and he knows of the unrelated problem of the profile stuff.

Hi Guys...

Thanks for the help on this one peekingrabbit and ricib. :perfect:

Those images are part of Stroker's tutorials, and he chose to serve them up via his own server. However... he had some trouble with that server address and moved things around, and forgot to update the links to those images. I believe he also may have lost a few images for some reason; don't recall now.

I let Stroker know about this a long time ago, but he must've forgotten to tend to it. As it be right now, he is unavaliable to tend to this matter. As soon as he's "back in action" i'll be sure he get's the message.

Sorry for any hassle.

FYI: you can also find some of that info on his own site, here: http://tech-slop.serveit.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Back