What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canvas Size Issue

Armadilliciouds

I just got CS5.1 at my job. This must be a preference, but when I adjust the Canvas size, it will constrain the image, rather than cropping the canvas. The Anchor in the Canvas Size menu appears outlined (highlighted?) which indicates that this is something in preferences that I can adjust.

I'm pretty sure that canvas is supposed to crop. In fact, every time I adjust the canvas size, when I'm making it smaller, it asks "The new canvas size is smaller than the current canvas size; some clipping will occur." Image size shrinks the image like you're describing, but I don't know why canvas size would. Did you make sure that you're actually adjusting the canvas size and not the image size, because the image size will just... re-size the image.

Back