What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific cartoon/vector style

DannyD_92

hi.
I'm wondering if anyone can make the image below
deepdale03.jpg
: look like the other image, like cartoon styled.
il_1140xN.3135510741_tsh2.jpg

or any guidance on how to do it would be appropriated.

thanks in advance

Hi @DannyD_92
You will likely get more submissions that are closer to what you want than my rendition.
Note that the image you gave as an example was not created algoritmically from a photograph (maybe only as a reference).
In converting an image, removing a lot of detail is needed to start to get the cartoon effect.
What I did was use Adobe Illustrator with its automatic trace function as a small number or grayscale levels, exported as PNG, then overlayed the original in Photoshop with a blend mode of color.
This is only to give you one direction.
There are many add-ons or other tools that can convert images to cartoon like that could be considered.
John Wheeler

deepdale03-to-vector-adj.jpg

I took a try at it using several filters including cutout, posterization, and oil filters. Combined all the layers into a single layer then placed the original image underneath.
Using blend if, brought the original image back in to increase detail. Then replaced the sky overall to a single color.
I agree with @thebestcpu that the sample shown was done in a program like Illustrator from scratch.
Did my best... :)
- Jeff
deepdale03 PS edited.jpg

Not really cartoon style as requested, but I thought it looked cool anyway. Created this playing with the Style Transfer Neural filters.

deepdale03.jpg

Back