What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CASE STUDY: the glass sphere effect

here's another glass ball. If you want, I'll show you how

Whoa, I sorta forgot about this thread! But hey, nice ball there Ron. Did you just sphereize? Don't mean to rain on your parade, but thats the cheater way. :p Also, I took a glass marble and held it up and it actually reverses the image behind it, but only at a distance. I tried what Moth did, but it just looked wierd. Displacement is tricky. [confused] Anyway, I never got it to work right so if anyone could help with that displacement mojo then I'd be really thankful. I'd still like to see an example... :{

I did spherize, however, if you look closely at the ball, you'll notice that the image inside conforms to the sphere's 3d shape. It aslo condenses as it wraps to the back of the ball. Before I used the spherize, I did some pre-distortion to the image in order to acheive a more realistic result.

Hi Guys,

have not been around in some time and was lurking; saw the keeper's tute on glass sphere's and thought I'd post this one.The distortion is accomplished by edit transforming and spherizing..It was fun to do.

ranger72

Back