What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paid Cat onto a new background $25+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbehr2306

This is my first post on this forum, so I apologize if I mess up any of the etiquette for posting here.

Photoshopping the cat onto a new background + improving clarity/resolution if possible

I'm working on some Christmas gifts for my girlfriend, and I thought taking one of her favorite pictures of her cat (attached below) and having it turned into a jigsaw puzzle would be really nice. I found a couple of good services for doing that online, but I don't think the photo is a great candidate for this in its current state due to the low resolution and background. My idea for improving this was to take the cat out of the background and place her onto something thematically appropriate that would be more compatible with turning it into a puzzle, like a cartoon dinosaur-esque background or something like that. The images at this link (https://www.istockphoto.com/illustrations/dinosaur-background) were essentially what my original idea was, but I'm very open to input on what would work best for my use case. I basically just need the background to be something that makes sense for the subject matter and would be good for a puzzle but isn't too complex, as I would still like the cat to be the main focal point. I know next to nothing about how to use Photoshop, so this is way out of my depth, especially with the added challenges of the cat not being completely in-frame or unobstructed. If someone can work through these issues and help me turn this into a higher quality image with a different background I would really appreciate it. I probably need this by the end of next week to make sure I get the puzzle created and delivered in time, so if that's doable that would be awesome.

The price is flexible; I don't know how much work this will end up being so $25 was just my starting ballpark/minimum. If there's more work than anticipated or more back-and-forth on landing at the right final product, or if there are added costs for the resources used I am happy to bump this up. Please reach out for any additional details/clarifying questions. Thank you!

IMG_3062.JPG

mbehr2306

Great work on this, it looks really nice! Definitely in line with what I was picturing. Could you remove/tone down the hairs around her left ear a bit and maybe smooth out the detail around her body just a little bit if that's possible? It's looking really good though, thank you for your help!

Fizzlebomber

How is this? :)

The king of the dinosaurs simple.jpg

I gave added the paw back in, completed the tail. Made the cat into a more sitting position. And gave the whole image a oilpaint vibe to make the photorealistic cat blend better with the background.
I called it "the king of the dinosaurs".
Let me know what you think! :)

mbehr2306

These are all awesome, thank you so much for all your help everyone! Sorry for taking so long, I've gotten a little busy but I'll try to get back to everyone today. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!

mbehr2306

How is this? :)
That looks awesome! Really nice work on completing the body, and I really like the stylization! Would you be able to try it with a slightly different background? I really like how it's looking and it's got the right vibe for sure, but one that accommodates the sitting position a little better and doesn't have an asteroid in it would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.