What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenge 15 - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Former Member
Thanks again for the win, and a big thanks to Sam.:thumbsup:

I got to thinking while looking around here as i do, and i noticed a lot of people doing the fantasy typed manipulations.
So on the back of that i thought we could all have a go in whatever way you see fit at a 'fantasy' based photoshop image.

It can be similar to the linked tut i have provided (please don't copy what the link supplies - use the stocks if you need to in your manipulation), or you can go off on a tangent and make up something totally new.
The idea with this one is to use or start using layers and masks in a more proficient way, so with that all i ask is that you take part have a go, and enjoy.

Usual rules apply - contest entries in by the 29/9/2013 (thats a sunday night here in Australia).

Tutorial:

http://www.photoshoptutorials.ws/ph...asy-space-photo-manipulation-using-photoshop/

Some fantasy ideas:
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...XOiAfitoG4BA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

Last edited:
Looks like a good one Paul. :cool2: I'm enjoying thinking of ideas! :mrgreen: That's a beautiful image and great stocks in the tutorial you've posted.

I will do my best to have a go at this one. I do like the fantasy stuff I see. Mine tend to end up as Photo Manipulacerations.

Great idea Paul! A popular theme here at PSG!

Paul said:
The idea with this one is to use or start using layers and masks in a more proficient way, so with that all i ask is that you take part have a go, and enjoy.
My thoughts exactly!

Now.......what to do?

edit: Oops sorry......SPWA - looks good, the Dragon is a bit flat and kinda lost in it's BG.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't sure how to make it stand out from the bg better. I will see if I can correct it & i'll update the image.

hershy, I like it; good masking, lol! :thumbsup: Nice use of outer glow and I love the swirling atmosphere and the colors.

I think it needs a little more magic though. Her arms seem like they're asking for a glass globe of some sort, repeating the circle of the lights behind her, maybe throwing her body askew a bit through the crystal refraction.

IDK. It just seems like a little something is missing. I know it's easy to overdo an idea though, so take my opinion for what it is. An opinion. :mrgreen:

SPWA, nice composition. I agree with Sam, the dragon is murky. It needs more brightness, maybe even an edge glow where the dragon would be limned in the light of the snow and sun. (sometimes I will do this by duplicating the layer, adding an outer glow, rasterizing the layer style, and erasing the glow from where I don't want it) Also, I expected to see a shadow below the figures. The light is coming from above and the right. Even though the warrior is lifted up, there would be some shadow effect on the landscape below. Same for the beast.

But like I said to hershy, my opinion and everyone knows opinions are like . . . NM.

Cheers for the comment. I have just finished the glow on a separate layer before I read this.. great minds think alike :)

EDIT: Hadn't got round to the shadow, but also now done, and Post updated.

Last edited:
Wow! Paul, the concept behind your image is exceptional! This has so many different interpretive possibilities! Extremely clever on your part!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back