What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change color of an item??

Andrea3366

Hi! I am new to photoshop and was hoping someone could help me!! Can I change the color of an item in a picture. For example....change ladies thigh highs from white to nude color (skin color)! Thank you!!!

yeah, there are multiple ways of doing this

easiest would be to quick select an area, and add a hue saturation adjustment, then play around with the hue slider until it is the appropriate color

but in the case of something that is pure white, or grey you will need to once again select the area, but this time create a new layer, and with that selection add a layer mask, then fill the layer with the desired color, and set it's blending mode to overlay, at this point you may need a adjust the opacity of the color layer, or the contrast of the grey/white layer

there was actually a thread on here not too long ago where we colored in a black and white image

maybe post the picture and someone can help you. colors can be changed in photoshop but it doesnt mean that the picture will be close to perfect. but there are many other ways to retouch an image, its a pretty broad topic if you are interested in you can find many tutorials on the web.

Back