What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing pattern color

Buck_Compton

Hello All,

I'm in need of help in a matter. I draw 2d gaming maps in my spare time. I'm used to work on an example from someone else. I have recieved the original textures but the artist was unable to reproduce how he adapted his textures. So because of that I wanted to ask you all for help.

What it is about is the yellow texture you see in the field left of the farm. I have added the texture which was the base for the yellow one. I tried to fiddle around with color overlays, masks, color tone and saturation. But all was to no avail. The texture has a darker yellow tone with some hints of red and brown. Can you guys help me find a way how to transfer this texture to the yellow one?

Regards,

Remi

Grass Texture.jpgExample Field Yellow.jpg

Not exactly sure of the closeness of match you need you I overlayed the square path over the farm image and adjusted the square path for a closer average match of total color.
Is this closer to what you want?
John Wheeler

Compare-Match.jpg

Hello John,

Thank you for replying. I had a look at it but it seems to be a bit to dark yellow in my map. Do you have a suggestion how to add the burnt/red touch in this pattern?

Cheers,

Remi

Back