What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Changing resolution

Ekmeh

Hi all,

I've requested this before with a different image and you guys did an amazing job. However, I don't want to bother you guys with this every time so if you could make this image bigger while preserving as much quality as possible that'd be great and I'd love a little explaination of how you did it. Doesn't have to be a step by step tutorial, just the term/function should do. I've followed some videos on Youtube but they often work in specific scenarios only or they just suck conpared to what you guys came up with last time I asked.

Here's the image:
album_1stoption.png
I'd like it to be equal size for the width and height, if stretching isn't an option some cutting from the top is fine too. Personally I was aiming for 1400x1400 but I can imagine that that's impossible without messing with the quality alot so anything bigger helps. Thanks in advance!

Here's my effort. I had to add to the top because the image height is smaller than width (636 x 582). Because it is 72 PPI I made it 300 PPI and then changed to 1400 px x 1400 px. Others may have a better solution.

Attachments

• album_1stoption-1400.jpg
    album_1stoption-1400.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 0
I guess I would approach similarly as @Isac too. Issue is, it looks like the original image provided is already expanded which explains the pixelation. It is going to be very difficult, but the best solution for the OP would be to redo the image from scratch.

Here's my effort. I had to add to the top because the image height is smaller than width (636 x 582). Because it is 72 PPI I made it 300 PPI and then changed to 1400 px x 1400 px. Others may have a better solution.

Thanks! I indeed meant adding to the top, or cutting from the sided, my bad. But the original file already has a pixelated background, this is already fine though. I'll apply some filter or maybe a little blur in the background to reduce the pixelation a bit.

Back