What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

channels masking help please

rajap

Hi Gurus am trying to remove a white background using channels method and i done everything right .But when i tried to brush out the image which i want to restore on the canvas using black color brush by setting the brush mode to overlay on alpha channel.But some how its not taking the black color as a result when i reload the selection its messing up.Please see the attached psd and the screen shot.Please give me what i did
wrong and also give me tutorials if any . Thanks in advance. I uploaded the psd to mediafire

raja_ps.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/?7uoovh3q7o0xukk

Hi rajap,

When painting on a mask just use 'normal' mode for the brush, overlay will just fill in the transparency and give you a hard edge.
If you need transparency whilst painting, set the brush to have a 'soft' edge, or change its opacity, flow, etc.

Regards.
MrTom.

Back