What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chatrooms.

SirHale

I think it would be better if this forum had some form of a chatbox. Whether is be a xat one of a tinychat one, it doesn't really matter. It would be a great way of communicating with other members of the forum and would really expand the help people can get because there would be that direct contact you don't currently have in a normal text forum.

yeeah it would be a nice feature, but it's open to all sorts of problems. spam being one of them. and it's probab;y going to be harder for admin to keep track.

it will be a great features but ya as Zeealex said many spam . we need an active mod or admin always to keep the things clean in chatroom if by any chance in future we have one :)

Chat is a good idea. But I dont think vbulletin had chat option. May be mchat tool will be a good idea.

ya most of the photoshop experts and new members are using this PSG. this would be great if we have found this functionality. Before going to add this admin have to be care about spam in advance. why wont we have chat here like Facebook, is there any problem rising in facebook by chat ... this though have to run in admin mind, what is the use of discussion here...

chatting does not leave text behind for reference later I prefer to see it in text form and visual help...jmo

Chat is a good idea. But I dont think vbulletin had chat option. May be mchat tool will be a good idea.

AJAX CHAT is an option with most forum software including vBulletin 4 versions. Its very basic and does give moderation team members some control. Then there is always the shoutbox/chatbox option however be warned, some of them pose security risks (research first) and they usually take away from the forum because its easier to chat than post a new topic or reply.

However, there is a way around taking away activity and that is only enabling shoubox or chat room on scheduled chatting events :D

There is a shoutbox/chat mod for vBulletin that we could use. The main reason we have decided not to use it so far are the reasons iDad and Shawn pointed out.

Members asking for and receiving help in a chatbox do not leave a record for others to find and follow.

Also, it can detract from forum posting which is the main reason for this site.

Maybe we will put it to a vote in the future. Thank you for the suggestion.

If you offer a "premium member" feature, it could always be something extra for them :) Just an idea though, that has been suggested to me before but the part about activity decreasing is what makes me not do it.....yet :p

Yeah, i just read all of these comments as i was going to post a site suggestion for a chat.

I came up with you could create only Chat Moderators, so they can only kick people from the chat (im going by AJAX Chat as i find it the better one of the many)

Just a suggestion :)

Kind Regards,
Matt

Back