What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Christmas Card request

AVCon

Looking to make a Christmas card for this year. I’d like to have some sparks making my son appear electrocuted and my daughter looking as if she’s falling off the ladder more. Can’t do much with the dog but thought it added to the chaotic vibe. And anything else that might add to its

A39DFC44-1E03-4F0A-9612-DE3981093540.jpeg

Was the dog always in the photo, or was he/she added later? I'm asking because I see unexpected blurring of the floor near the edges of the dog. If the dog was added later, do you possibly have the original individual photos that you can post?

I have other photos without if that be better and maybe I can take some separately of her and add her in?

Here is a picture without the dog and one of just the dog if that's helpful. I didn't think of using sperate photos but maybe that's a better to way to go and combine to add her in. And I also forgot to ask if more ornaments, garland and lands could be added to myself without much hassle?

315295249_667268608274221_2072165871316644271_n.jpg

315178738_1614809989279701_656525227561725668_n.jpg

Last edited:
Actually... one more photo would be helpful. Can you attach a photo, taken from the same spot, of just the room and wall decorations, but without any people?

Actually... one more photo would be helpful. Can you attach a photo, taken from the same spot, of just the room and wall decorations, but without any people?
i would but everything is taken down for decorations

I’m just looking at the pictures again and my son looks like he’s cowering without the plug clearly in the picture. We might be in for a complete redo tomorrow

I’m just looking at the pictures again and my son looks like he’s cowering without the plug clearly in the picture. We might be in for a complete redo tomorrow

I added my own electrical outlet, but if you're going to have a re-shoot, I'll sit tight for a while.

A few suggestions if you are going to take new pictures:
  • I was going to attempt to have your son sticking an electrical cord—or maybe even a fork(!)—into the outlet, but that's very difficult to do. If you think that idea is funny, then maybe you could have him actually holding the object and pretending to touch the outlet.
  • It would also be helpful to have a photo of the wall with no people in it. I need an unobstructed view of the hexagonal shelves on the wall and all the decorations hanging on it. If I had that, it's much easier to have your daughter tipping precariously on the ladder.

Here's where I am at the moment.

Card.jpg

thats great, thank you

We are going to redo it tomorrow. I’ll take a few pictures of the background first. I’m going to have son hold some frayed looking extension cords so he’ll get up right. And hopefully get the dog to stay in on spot.

that’s awesome, standing on the dog is a nice touch. If my son was clearlyu plugging in the lights that would be prefect and avoid the redo.

We’re going to take new photos today and I will post the new ones. You guys are beyond hepful.

Here are the redo photos, much happier with these but the dog wouldn’t stay still once again. I’d honestly be happy if she could just added in but if a second could be done with the dog added, a few sparks and maybe my daughter look like she’s falling a bit more would be great

161FC08F-5B5F-40C4-8A41-3CD7B607876E.jpeg

A9C7159D-47CF-42EC-93A6-CBFF08D0C55E.jpeg

882968C7-B7CA-4A8A-BC94-8F30FBC0480C.jpeg

I don't have time to start from scratch but I'm betting someone will. The new shots will be good to work with.
Here a further variant of my try yesterday

XMas Disaster_10e.jpg

Back