What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Eve Graphic

SomethingDesign

This is a classic Christmas card I like textures you use. Add some subtle snow / snowing flakes effects.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the idea and the overall design. It's eye catching.

A bit busy and I think that's because the trees crowd the text area a bit too much.

They also seem to be background in that they are lighter with less form, like a distance object would be and the poster info more FG because of the deep color in that area. I think if you had another layer of the trees in green it might work better.

The shadows are too dark in my opinion and make the FG trees seem more ghostly and add to the text crowding.

I have a suggestion for something you could try. Create the rest of the border and place it over the rest of the image but lower the opacity. Just a thought.

I made an example of what I think could make the trees work better -- if you stick with the trees and the current design. You might also consider ornaments or another symbol instead of the trees. But I do like the tree idea. Without the psd I can't really demonstrate what I would like to change about the crowding issue I see. I think this is probably the most important problem.

Anyway, this is just my take. I do like the design, and think with a little "sprucing" up, it would be great.

xmasService.jpg

iDad

Guru
maybe a subtle image of a church steeple faded in the background, centered?

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I like the idea and the overall design. It's eye catching.

A bit busy and I think that's because the trees crowd the text area a bit too much.

They also seem to be background in that they are lighter with less form, like a distance object would be and the poster info more FG because of the deep color in that area. I think if you had another layer of the trees in green it might work better.

The shadows are too dark in my opinion and make the FG trees seem more ghostly and add to the text crowding.

I have a suggestion for something you could try. Create the rest of the border and place it over the rest of the image but lower the opacity. Just a thought.

I made an example of what I think could make the trees work better -- if you stick with the trees and the current design. You might also consider ornaments or another symbol instead of the trees. But I do like the tree idea. Without the psd I can't really demonstrate what I would like to change about the crowding issue I see. I think this is probably the most important problem.

Anyway, this is just my take. I do like the design, and think with a little "sprucing" up, it would be great.

View attachment 39062

hmmmm.... My eyes see the darker green trees darkened the overall look, aunty....

Maybe a lighter green for the trees behind it with a lighter dark shadow might work.

crzykate58

okies, i'm still working on the snow aspect... is this what you mean Clair? I have to say, for some reason the original post made everything WAY darker than what i have on my computer haha! my screen is showing most of this as more woodsy colors... not as vibrant as those attached in the original post. bah. either way, this is with green trees upfront :)

Screen shot 2013-11-15 at 10.16.50 AM.png

iDad

Guru
I usually have a good eye for detail, I missed the deer in the first version, it stands out far better now

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like that much better now. I never saw any of the animals before wither. Maybe they could be a bit brighter red. I still think the shadows are too deep and crowd the text too much as I think the announcement should be more open, more the focus. I really do like the stripes you applied to the FG trees. That was a creative solution!

Shonda

Did a good job on both love the second you did stands out more...but will agree about the snow and the shadow being to dark on the first one...just love Christmas Graphics....again good job..

crzykate58

Thanks bunches!!! Unfortunately we ended up not going with this concept :( made me so sad...

Recently i have designed a Christmas greeting card for a company. Only thing we should see is 'make it simple keep it simple'. Only company logo and two good wishes lines and one good image enough.