What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cinemagraphs, any experts here?

Mads Hildebrandt

First, what is the correct under-forum to post cinemagraph-questions? And, are there any experts in that technique here? I find it hard to find people to talk to about cinemagraphs. Can’t even find a desent facebookgroup.
I like to create them myself but am only a rookie. But I really want to learn and become more skilled.

I don't know if I would call myself an expert on cinemagraphs, but I have made quite a few of them. I think you will find that most of the members here have had experience with cinemagraphs. They are fairly easy to create. What questions do you have?

Thanks for answering. Well, for now it’s mostly about exporting. I find a hard to find a resolution which looks as good as possible and not being too heavy so that I can’t save it. Sometimes even though I am able to save them, I can’t really use them on instagram or on my phone because they lag. How do I find the sweetspot between image quality and still keep the filesize small?

This may be more of an issue of how the cinemagraph was made. Let's see some of yours so we can take a look at how you've made them.

You may have to use a file host and provide a link.

It's 28mb, can't even find a host which allows that much. And when I upload to youtube, it says it's an image...does youtube read gifs as imagefiles?

28mb! That could be your problem. What format a re you saving them in? YouTube would need a video format, MOV, MP4 (MPEG4), AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, MPEGPS, WebM.

Well, it's a .gif. I just wanted as big a resolution I could and still have PS allow me to save the file. The file runs great on facebook, but not on instagram or my iPhone 7 plus. I'm not sure what I set the resolution to, but I guess making it a much lower resolution won't lower quality much as most are seeing the images on small screen, am I right?

I turned it from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 which made it a 6mb file instead of 28mb. But again, how will I know the sweetspot, the best resolution to save the gif?

Found out how to save it as a mp4, but now instagram says the video has to be at least 3 secs long. Mine ain’t. But that does not matter, I’m just more interested to find out how to set the best resolution

Back