What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classy Glass Buttons

ranger72

Hello There Folks,

I jumped right into trying to make a Glass Button following Marks tute.

I have successfully created the proper background and its texture with the Gradient tool (radial style) 256 X 256 pix. Foreground and background looking good!

My next step is to make the actual button....new layer...and create a circle selection....I am brand new to all of this...and I can't seem to find how to create a circle selection..is my first step to create a new layer?..and if so what then?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction..can't seem to find anything in the manual that makes sense to me!....help please..

ranger72 ;\

Hi Folks,

ooops!

I think its it would be important for you to know that I'm using Photoshop Elements 2.0..I just got it.

Mark said in the tute that he is not sure if all versions will work on this project..

Thanks Again!

ranger72

Yes ranger72 , create a new layer at this point in the tutorial.

To make a "circle selection" grab the elliptical marquee tool (see image) and, in order to make it perfectly spherical hold down the "shift" key while using your mouse to drag out the shape. ;)

Carry on... :D

Thank you,

Wendy!

That may be enough info to get me back on the mission!LOL!

ranger72 :)

aaa crap... i just gave a big long speech over in your 'other' thread ranger. ;\

Oh well, good to see you're back on track anywho. :perfect: :D

Hi There Keeper!

Thank you for the response...I just got the e-mail note...I'll head over to the other thread and get that info.. :)

ranger72

;) You're welcome ranger72! I'm so glad to have helped you get back on track. :D

Back