What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Clean up of symbol

Yi2020

Hi there

I have a symbol on a book case that was painted over. I'm trying to extract the symbol itself to discover the source of the book case. Attached is the photo I took with my mobile. Can you help remove the wood from the photo and make the symbol clear so I can read the text and Google it?

Thank you!

15611067683659125284173508692617.jpg

It seems to me that in the center, it is written: "PORTOFINO" (like the ferrari)
At the top it is written: "100% ARABICA" (like the coffee)
At the bottom left corner, it is written: "SPECIAL"

I may be completely wrong, cause I personnally can't do anything other than playing arround with contrast and other filters here.
I'm not one of the best editors here by far, maybe someone else can help you.

I feel like you're right. It does make sense... Portofino is also a known blend of coffee... Feels like this has nothing to do with the bookcase makers... they just used planks from a coffee crate or something...

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 8.29.32 AM.png

Here was my try in enhancement. About the same result. Confirm the upper curve is "100% ARABIC" though the first "A" looks different?

Lower words are "SPECIAL COFFEE" and I am guessing the "CO" is where there was damage

"PORTOFINA" is first word in the center and I am not sure what work is right below it though it looks as if it is either small font and/or lower case type.

Interesting mystery.
Good luck in getting more details
John Wheeler
Enhance-Text-on-boards.jpg

Thank you for the help everyone! I couldn't find this exact design anywhere online, but it does look like it was used to store coffee previously.

Back