What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific CLEANING OR EDITING OUT STAINS

Possum169

I'm shooting an apartment for a real estate broker and realize the tiles and mirror are stained. What techniques would anyone recommend to deal with this?

BATH BLUE-1.jpg

thebestcpu

Guru
The real estate broker blew it. They are supposed to pay for a deep clean and then order pictures.
You may not have that option yet that is the actual fix to get it right. Note that most of the streaks are on the glass of the shower doors and appears it shows up on the tiles. Don't know about what else you want covered. It would help if you circled what you want fixed. I can see needed fixes everywhere there is glass and tile i.e. 85% of the image. Are you getting paid for the retouching work?

The technique for repair without a cleanup depends on the exact surface. There is a one approach to cover all the issues in the image.
Sorry that the broker left you with a big mess.
John Wheeler

Possum169

I really wanted to try to replace the tile with that exact tile but I don't know where to find the image. I actually took one of the tiles and copied it to place over worse tiles. Just looking for some way to work with what I was left with.

thebestcpu

Guru
Do you have the original image and which areas you want fixed. I was wondering why the hard water streaks were repeated all over the place. Quite confusing.
Also, I have circled the various areas of problems. Which areas are you looking to fix. Note that the originating issue does not appear to the the tiles yet the water streaks on the glass doors to the tub/shower area.
My estimate is that this is a pretty decent amount of work depending on what you need done. If you are getting paid by the image and not by the hour, this may turn out to be not a great return on your time investment. Just a thought to consider.
John Wheeler

where-to-work.jpg

Possum169

Do you have the original image and which areas you want fixed. I was wondering why the hard water streaks were repeated all over the place. Quite confusing.
Also, I have circled the various areas of problems. Which areas are you looking to fix. Note that the originating issue does not appear to the the tiles yet the water streaks on the glass doors to the tub/shower area.
My estimate is that this is a pretty decent amount of work depending on what you need done. If you are getting paid by the image and not by the hour, this may turn out to be not a great return on your time investment. Just a thought to consider.
John Wheeler

View attachment 116236
Yeah you're right. I'll mention reshooting. I thought this was more than a reasonable amount of retouching for a photoshoot

polarwoc

Guru
Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but there is no easy fix that I know of for this image. It contains a pattern on the tiles and on the tile reflection in the mirror which would have to be manually Clone Stamped carefully while maintaining the rhythm of the pattern to make it look believable. Also there are not many clean tiles to Source the clone from. The markings in Green are easy fixes, but the rest would take manual clone stamping work.
q2.jpg

Rather than go through the onerous task, it might be easier to drive down and take a new set of pics after cleaning up.