What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning up a black on white logo

gm44

Greeting Photoshop Gurus. It's my first post here. I bought Photoshop recently, but I'm struggling with the program. Right now, I have a logo which I drew freehand. It is black on white, and style wise it looks something like the image below (copied from Bing search results.)

I took a photo of my logo and loaded it into Photoshop. I need to do three things to it.

1. I need the background to be made pristine white instead of the off grey it is from being photographed.
2. I need the black parts to be rendered perfectly black instead of mottled (because I used marker, pen, pencil, etc., to draw it.)
3. I need the program to sharpen all the edges, because they have some raggedness from being hand drawn.

Any guidance as to how to do this would be extremely appreciated.

Dog-Logo-for-Tshirt.jpg

Hello and welcome.

My suggestions are based on the sample image you provided.

1. I need the background to be made pristine white instead of the off grey it is from being photographed.
Go to SELECT > COLOR RANGE > Select the white area by clicking, hit delete or add layer mask. Add a new layer below the logo layer and fill with white.

2. I need the black parts to be rendered perfectly black instead of mottled (because I used marker, pen, pencil, etc., to draw it.)
Duplicate the logo layer several times then merge duplicate layers.....or..... make a selection by clicking on the logo layer thumbnail while holding the Command key, then fill the selection with black.

3. I need the program to sharpen all the edges, because they have some raggedness from being hand drawn.
Not much you can do with the existing logo in Ps, it's too small. You can use Illustrator to clean it up.
You can recreate the logo in Ps on a much larger canvas and resolution using Pen Tool.

Back