What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning up an image.

AlwaysLearning

How do I clean up the edges of this image? It was taken from a JPEG of a vinyl decal in a car. I've attached the original JPEG as well as where I have it thus far. I'm just not sure how to clean up the edges to give it a cleaner look.

Thanks in advance!

Gavin

you're facing problems due to the low resolution of the image taken at the first place.
you need to take the fact image editing is not that trivial as it appears, have it in mind during taking this kind of photos. If you have taken it under soft light, on flat surface and with the decent camera resolution it would be piece of cake....
in this case you may have to put 300dpi resolution, some sotf blur afteh that some sharpen edges to increase image quality in total and then to make selection of the logo.
alternatively you may vectorize it in good old ilustrator, corel or so to complete its restoration if you want to use it as any serious logotype purpose.

Will this do?

LogoHIS_dv.jpg

a quick fix but you might do better....

Make sure the logo layer is active and use MENU>SELECT>COLOR RANGE..... click on the pink and set fuzziness to 50. This will create a selection.

on new layer fill in the pink.

Add a slight blur to the new image logo.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the comments and instruction. Ibis, that looks amazing. Did you do that with the instruction you gave me above? Also, with your permission, could I use what you posted up?

Thanks!

Gavin

Back