What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

clearing the text

mr.glassy

hi friends .I have a problem that I can't solve it alone. in this image the text(opportunity) is not so much clear (Especially the end of it) to read. can anyone please help me to deal with it? what should I do?

thanks in advance

Opportunity.jpg

polarwoc

Guru
I do agree that the text is very busy to look at, meaning viewer can not easily grasp the text without trying to decipher.
1) Dark Blue colour text on a Navy Blue + Sky Blue background gives very less contrast. Hence, I would use a different colour to offer greater contrast.
2) Also, multiple lines around the text makes it harder to read. I would ideally change to font that is more suitable.
3) I would give it a little Drop Shadow and a few Effects to make it stand out. Your aim is to direct the viewer's eyes to the text and make the grasp easy.

Here, I used similar font and style with some of the above incorporated.
Opportunity1.jpg

JeffK

Guru
@polarwoc - I'm not a designer so didn't have enough confidence to answer. But I agree completely with what you're offering and was thinking along the same lines

My first impressions were:
- Needs a different typeface
- Needs more contrast between the type and the background
- While altering the perspective, the letters at the end of the line become more compressed
- With the shadow type added, it became even more visually confusing at the end of the line

Played with it in my own way and came up with a more simple type, different font color, and added kerning to the last few letters of the type: Also added a small stroke to more define the type.

1679491299652.png

Again, I'm not a designer so what I did was just a rough interpreation. But definitely a learning opportunity! :)

mr.glassy

I do agree that the text is very busy to look at, meaning viewer can not easily grasp the text without trying to decipher.
1) Dark Blue colour text on a Navy Blue + Sky Blue background gives very less contrast. Hence, I would use a different colour to offer greater contrast.
2) Also, multiple lines around the text makes it harder to read. I would ideally change to font that is more suitable.
3) I would give it a little Drop Shadow and a few Effects to make it stand out. Your aim is to direct the viewer's eyes to the text and make the grasp easy.

Here, I used similar font and style with some of the above incorporated.
View attachment 136239
appreciate that. thank you

mr.glassy

@polarwoc - I'm not a designer so didn't have enough confidence to answer. But I agree completely with what you're offering and was thinking along the same lines

My first impressions were:
- Needs a different typeface
- Needs more contrast between the type and the background
- While altering the perspective, the letters at the end of the line become more compressed
- With the shadow type added, it became even more visually confusing at the end of the line

Played with it in my own way and came up with a more simple type, different font color, and added kerning to the last few letters of the type: Also added a small stroke to more define the type.

View attachment 136241

Again, I'm not a designer so what I did was just a rough interpreation. But definitely a learning opportunity! :)
thank you. it was helpful

Argos

Guru
That's better, a different background on the text always helps a lot to make the text clear. That outline is so thick that is like new background on the text ^^.

In my opinion, I would reduce the outline so it has more text shape or just put a mini background with a could shape or lower opacity so it blends better with the background..
I would make the text a little smaller so doesn't touch the nose.

I made a rough 2 minute example's of what I mean

OpportunityFF.jpg

Or even play with the original background perspective to make it more interesting.

Opportunity-STROKEfff.jpg

mr.glassy

That's better, a different background on the text always helps a lot to make the text clear. That outline is so thick that is like new background on the text ^^.

In my opinion, I would reduce the outline so it has more text shape or just put a mini background with a could shape or lower opacity so it blends better with the background..
I would make the text a little smaller so doesn't touch the nose.

I made a rough 2 minute example's of what I mean

View attachment 136244

Or even play with the original background perspective to make it more interesting.

View attachment 136245
yeah. I did to much on stroke:cheesygrin: thanks a million

JeffK

Guru
FRIENDS. HOW ABOUT THIS? I changed the font and used a stroke .Does it look better?
The final look of the creative piece is really up to you. But this combination works much better than the first that you showed..
You can also skew the type using Edit>Transform>Perspective to match your original concept:

1679498999329.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry...........posts were made since I started writing my post!

My idea was the same as Argos, similar binary font flowing with the original bg.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 10.37.53 AM.png

polarwoc

Guru
Does it look better?
It is subjective. I can only say what I feel. It may not be how others perceive.

Yes, it does look better in relative comparison to the first attempt. But, it still looks amateurish, like a bully entering the class room and shouting at the top of his voice to be noticed. There is no subtlety in the text insertion. By subtlety, I mean your text would follow the existing text direction or other properties - much similar to @IamSam 's text and @Argos 's second example.

The above is purely my honest opinion. In no way do I want to discourage you from trying further. Please make another attempt.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
can you please tell me which font are you using? i mean the name of it.
I have already deleted that PSD file and I don't remember! Sorry. It was just the first font I had that was "binary like"! There are probably many that have a similar look!

mr.glassy

It is subjective. I can only say what I feel. It may not be how others perceive.

Yes, it does look better in relative comparison to the first attempt. But, it still looks amateurish, like a bully enters the class room and shouts at the top of his voice to be noticed. There is no subtlety in the text insertion.

The above is purely my honest opinion. In no way do I want to discourage you from trying further. Please make another attempt.
thank you for being honest. i really appreciate that

mr.glassy

I have already deleted that PSD file and I don't remember! Sorry. It was just the first font I had that was "binary like"! There are probably many that have a similar look!
yeah no problem friend. I'll find them