What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clipboard Default Resolution

PegoMan

I copy and paste a lot of photos into photoshop (2022). Each time I select "file/new" the "New Document" panel comes up with clipboard selected. The default resolution is 72 ppi and I would like to change it to 300 ppi.. I can't find anything in preferences relating to this. I can set it manually for each creation, but it's a pain plus extra time. Is this possible?
Thanks much!
John
Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 4.13.48 PM.png

You can use the following script...

Unzip it to your scripts-folder of photoshop and (re)start photoshop.
You will find the script in photoshop under > File > Scripts

I recommend assigning a shortcut (Alt+Shift+Strg+K > File > Scripts...) for it.

Attachments

• New document from clipboard @300ppi.zip
    744 bytes · Views: 2
You can use the following script...

Unzip it to your scripts-folder of photoshop and (re)start photoshop.
You will find the script in photoshop under > File > Scripts

I recommend assigning a shortcut (Alt+Shift+Strg+K > File > Scripts...) for it.
Thank you very much! That will help speed things along for me. I will take your advice and try to set it up today. Thanks again.

I will try to install it, but I'm weak when it comes to the internal workings of PS. I'm just an old photo restorer, but I will sure try. I really appreciate you time and effort!

In my experience on a Mac, the PPI that comes up for that clipboard icon comes from what the source content that is in the clipboard. if I copy an image file that was created at 300 PPI then 399 PPI will show up in the clipboard new file option. If I copy something from the monitor, it has the PPI that the IS assigned fir monitor PPI. there may be a default if the clipboard does not contain the PPI metadata yet I believe it first checks for a PPI that is found in the clipboard data first.

In my experience on a Mac, the PPI that comes up for that clipboard icon comes from what the source content that is in the clipboard. if I copy an image file that was created at 300 PPI then 399 PPI will show up in the clipboard new file option. If I copy something from the monitor, it has the PPI that the IS assigned fir monitor PPI. there may be a default if the clipboard does not contain the PPI metadata yet I believe it first checks for a PPI that is found in the clipboard data first.
Thank you for that info. I'll check out all of those possibilities. That might be easier way to solve my issues.

Back