What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clone Stamp Tool Practice Thread #1

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are some areas other than the grass that I could address if you like.

The main problem I see that you should consider is the grass, but that seems to be a problem for everyone who attempts it!

The grass looks very fake and filled with repetitive clone stamp doubling. Also note the transitional grass at the shadow line............it's easy to tell where the cloning began.
Below are just a few clone stamp doubling that I see that stand out. There are others that are less noticeable. The human eye is drawn to repetitive patterns! If you read through the entire thread, you may find some pointers on the grass that have already been discussed. Please feel free to ask questions!

Screen Shot 2023-10-23 at 12.33.23 PM.png

Peano

Banned
There are some areas other than the grass that I could address if you like.

The main problem I see that you should consider is the grass, but that seems to be a problem for everyone who attempts it!

The grass looks very fake and filled with repetitive clone stamp doubling. Also note the transitional grass at the shadow line............it's easy to tell where the cloning began.
Below are just a few clone stamp doubling that I see that stand out. There are others that are less noticeable. The human eye is drawn to repetitive patterns! If you read through the entire thread, you may find some pointers on the grass that have already been discussed. Please feel free to ask questions!
Thank you! I agree about the repetitions in the grass. It become quite tricky when there are so few source areas to sample.

Moviefan2k4

In my opinion, the Clone Tool is one of the most difficult parts of Photoshop to handle. It can be very temperamental, and is best used along with the Healing Brush. The Patch Tool can also be useful, but if different colors are too close together the resulting effect can be disastrous.