What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Color Correction on Old Poster

romanod886

Hello Gurus,

I few requests for a file located here: Link removed, File not available.

I am trying to print this poster, but the text keeps coming out dark looking.

Could somebody please make "Listen to the Fascinating", "in the", "N.B.C." and "Plain Or Tipped Union Made" a clearer white?

And please make "Hildegarde" "Raleigh Room" and "Raleigh" a clearer yellow?

Also, could you please make the cigarette box and cigarettes a clearer white? All of these colors come out dark and dirty looking.

Lastly, could you please keep the quality and size of the poster the same (20x30)?

Thank you!

You're right, John. But when I went to print the poster, Hildegarde came out an orangish color. Is there a way you could keep all of the colors the same except for the letters? The printer always distorts the color.

Thanks again John,
Don

Here's a version with reduced overall colour cast and curves adjustment layers to balance the RGB values of the lettering.

Large-Hildegarde-Poster-copy.jpg

Another with the BG left original. Larger versions of each on file.

Large-Hildegarde-Poster-web.jpg

Great job Gary @Babine Been off on vacation so glad this was covered. @romanod886 I will assume this meets your needs unless you come back and ask for me.

As a separate yet related topic. If one is using a color managed workflow from editor to monitor to printer and using soft proofing, you should be able to predict quite accurately how the image will look in print before hand. If you are seeing a color shift from from monitor when using soft proofing to what you see in print, the something is amiss relative to color management practices. It can save a lot of time, paper, and cost if you have your system set up for calibrated and profiled color management (e.g. using ICC profiles for monitor and printer/ink/paper combination.

Was not sure what editor, monitor, printer you are using and your options for setting up and using color management techniques yet thought you should at least be aware of that option and consider it for the future.
Hope what Gary put together for you meets your needs either way.
John Wheeler

Great job Gary @Babine Been off on vacation so glad this was covered. @romanod886 I will assume this meets your needs unless you come back and ask for me.

As a separate yet related topic. If one is using a color managed workflow from editor to monitor to printer and using soft proofing, you should be able to predict quite accurately how the image will look in print before hand. If you are seeing a color shift from from monitor when using soft proofing to what you see in print, the something is amiss relative to color management practices. It can save a lot of time, paper, and cost if you have your system set up for calibrated and profiled color management (e.g. using ICC profiles for monitor and printer/ink/paper combination.

Was not sure what editor, monitor, printer you are using and your options for setting up and using color management techniques yet thought you should at least be aware of that option and consider it for the future.
Hope what Gary put together for you meets your needs either way.
John Wheeler

Thanks John.

Back