What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Color shift on an Old Ektachrome Slide

RichM

This is an Ektachrome slide from 1955, scanned on an Epson V850 Pro at 2,400 dpi. I need someone to fix the terrible color shift on this slide. This is my younger brother (who is now 72) and our uncle who is deceased.

I'm scanning these slides for use in a family video, not for printing, That's why the image is relatively small at only 2292 x 1893 pixels.

Thank you very much.

1955 - 011.jpg

Rich54

Guru
@Babine ... nicely done! Can you explain what you did? I got as far as figuring out that the red channel was the problem. I tried playing with the channel mixer but couldn't get a good result.

Babine

Guru
@Babine ... nicely done! Can you explain what you did? I got as far as figuring out that the red channel was the problem. I tried playing with the channel mixer but couldn't get a good result.

I try to remember ... pretty much went through them all.

I firstly converted the original to B&W and played with the Neural filters (Colour) and got to a fairly good coloured skin base.
Neuralized.jpg

From here, I painted on numerous layers in colour mode attempting to match the colours of the original and continued with colour and contrast curves adjustments. I too didn't have much luck with applying channels in various modes.
Hope this helps.