What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Color tone variations between PS CC 2018 & ACR

Dianoban

Raw file is opened & edited in Camera Raw in Photoshop cc 2018. The entire color tone is obviously quite warm when the edited file is opened to Photoshop cc 2017 via Open Image. Do not know whether the color tone is too warm in PS or too cold in ACR. But the difference is obvious.

How to correct this issue or do I have to re-install PS CC 2017?

Thank you.
Diano Bann

you have to check the raw camera and Photoshop color settings
I use for both as an adobe rgb color profile and have never had any problems

Thank you. I issue should show up if the RGB were the problem when PS CS6 & PS cc 2017 were used. Never had any problem with PS CS6 & PS cc 2017. Upgraded to PS cc 2018 last Nov. have been trying to cope with the issue. But now it is very annoying. Want to get it fixed.

White.jpg
The above picture shows how warm the color temperature is in PS cc 2018 and color temperature becomes normal or close to normal when the same file is open in ACR.
Colors in ACR are very similar as that of original file when the raw file is converted to Jpeg image on computer. The same image becomes very warm when it is opened in PS cc 2018. And the same image looks almost the same color temperature as the original Jpeg image if it is opened in ACR in PS cc 2018.

Thank you, Sam.
sRGB is the setting in Color Space in all my cameras, and so also in my PC.
Now, I have adjusted color balance in PScc2018 and achieved White color as white, not ivory any more, in PScc2018, but the same white file is now greenish white in ACR. Now, the issue becomes like this : If white color is adjusted to be white in PScc2018, it is not white but greenish white in ACR. If white color is white in ACR, it is not white but ivory in PScc2018.

Back