What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colour swatch to gradient

Johnc1966

Hi,

I have a colour swatch and I would like to create a custom gradient from it.
Can this be done 'automatically' rather than just picking what I 'think' is a 50% bright colour and putting at the halfway stop etc.
If this isn't possible is it possible to order the swatch colours in brightness order and go from there manually?

Many Thanks

If you add the color to one of the color stops on the right or left, you will have your gradient.

Dear Sam,

Once again the shining beacon of your knowledge doth illuminate the dank hallways of my ignorance.

Yes, the longer the hallways the greater the illumination need be. Your welcome! :cheesygrin:

Long time ago PS used to save gradients as 256 colors. In those days you could easily convert between color pallete files, gradient files and Curves settings files.

Now PS uses "true" gradients: lots of color stops each with it's own floating point position and floating point weight.

You can still use color swatches as gradients but only in Index mode.

Back