What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Completed] Moderated Posts

KRF

Power User
I know why you have it, Moderated Posts, but I am trying to help some one out with a CS4 preblem, and now my posts are being moderated, it's just frustrating, when I'm trying to help some one :sad::evil::banghead:

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
Yea I know it's pretty lame when it moderates legitimate posts.... but it does help keep the spam under control.

I try to approve posts that need it as quickly as possible, and the other mods do as well.

I'll look into excluding users after X number of posts or something... to help this not happen so much.

KRF

Power User
Thanks Gaus, I really do understand why you have it there, and it's a good idea, it's just a pian when you post something and it wont show up I should stop posting so much lol.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
I't in the queue of "to do" for the site :)

Keep in mind that when this does work properly and moderates 20 posts from a spam bot, you guys don't see it working and you don't see the spam posts.... but it's doing it's job most of them time.

iDad

Guru
I'm okay with it, nothing out here so important that a few minutes or even hours can't wait

Yutosi

Power User
I have not had an issue with this, but you admins and mods are doing a great job of keeping the spam under control. I hardly ever see any, and if I do it's usually gone in a few minutes.

I have not had an issue with this.

Same here, my post are made instantly.. "scratches chin"....

Gaus, i know you use phpbb on your other board, does VB have a MOD for ridding spam bots? Also, you might want to think about doing some USER Pruning, doing a prune and using some other functions in conjunction with the prune may help??

1 minute after my post above, my post start getting MODERATED :lol:

Maybe you could also try making a new Group for the bots (if VB uses groups), track them down throw them in a group and then wipe out the group every so often and in the mean time you can restrict there access to the board with global setting for that targeted group..

Next best option is get some help here (think i read that's in the works?), you should be able to add a few moderators to the team and only allow them to do "Allows" in the MCP... i dunno, im just rambling, don't mind me, i can chat your heads off when i get on a roll :eek:

KRF

Power User
1 minute after my post above, my post start getting MODERATED :lol:

Maybe you could also try making a new Group for the bots (if VB uses groups), track them down throw them in a group and then wipe out the group every so often and in the mean time you can restrict there access to the board with global setting for that targeted group..

Next best option is get some help here (think i read that's in the works?), you should be able to add a few moderators to the team and only allow them to do "Allows" in the MCP... i dunno, im just rambling, don't mind me, i can chat your heads off when i get on a roll :eek:

Having a report button is the best thing and we have one of them, if the Admins and Mods where a little bit more active, then this would also help (no I'm not bitching lol), but at the moment I feel the moderated post thing is quite a pain, I was trying to help a member with a CS4 crash, and I couldn't post as it was being moderated, it just came at the wrong time, this is not the fault of the forum or staff, it's just on of them things, but as staff arn't active in my time zone, maybe a staff member that is would help, there must be other members out there in my time zone, that the admins find to fit the job :)

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
@KR - we instantly ban any spammers or bots... we don't keep them around at all.

@KRF - You can still post, it just gets added to our moderation queue. We get them pretty quick... and the one you are referring to KRF I think was approved within a few minutes. The post shows up right after we approve it, you just don't see it get posted instantly.

Anyway I'm working on making this not happen at all.

KRF

Power User
@KR - we instantly ban any spammers or bots... we don't keep them around at all.

@KRF - You can still post, it just gets added to our moderation queue. We get them pretty quick... and the one you are referring to KRF I think was approved within a few minutes. The post shows up right after we approve it, you just don't see it get posted instantly.

Anyway I'm working on making this not happen at all.

I know, like I said, it was just wrong timing that it happend, also when my posts gets moderated, I just email iDad, and ask him to submit it lol

iDad

Guru
I heard my name.... What's going on in here? Lol

Yutosi

Power User
Must be fixed.... I just posted a lot of youtube videos and nothing got moderated :D

iDad

Guru
And fine posts they are...great tips Yutosi.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
I just turned the feature off.... maybe a bit more spam will slip through, but we Delete+Ban anyway when that happens. Mods just need to be quick on their feet now (they already are so I'm not worried) :)

iDad

Guru
here we go now Spamers know...ugh!