What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compositing help with ice hockey picture - how to make it more believable?

justincredible

Hey everyone,

I took some photos of my kids playing hockey on a green screen, and I am trying to create a composite picture with a digital background I purchased. I think it looks decent, but I am trying to find a way to make the hockey players look a little more like they belong in the scene. I am not a professional photographer, nor am I a Photoshop expert, its just something I enjoy doing when I have free time.

Any ideas on what I can try? So far I have added some shadows, and adjusted the vibrance since the colors were just a little too bright. Not really sure what else to try, thanks for any advice!

Ice_Rink.jpg

May i ask if the head photos of your boys are seperate too from the rest of the image? Looks like they need a color adjustment to match the rest of the picture as the heads stand out too much - dosn't look as if they belong in other words. If the heads of your boys are on a seperate layer (top layer perhaps) then make sure that layer is the active one. Go to "Layers" on the right menu and click on that layer.
Then, to match the colourisation of the heads to the BG, choose:
"Image/Adjustments/Match Color".
Down below, choose "Source" - your background image - and layer as same - play around with the settings. Make sure you have "Preview" checked.
This "should" make the scene more realistic as the colors now match.

PS - I have PS CS6.

I realy hope this helps and is what you are looking for. If not i appolgise.
Nice photo BTW ;)

Last edited:

Back