What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conditional Automate Batching

Talsho

Hi,
I have 40 images with various qualities.
I'd like to create a conditional batch action (if that's a thing?), that resizes the width of the images according to their resolution after the resizing.
For example:
If the image resolution after resizing the width to 70cm is over 200px - Great, save.
If the resolution is under 200px, try resizing the width to 50cm. Resolution is over 200px? Great, save.
If even after that it's under 200px, try resizing the width to 30cm and save.
Hope it's clear, thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi @Talsho
To me your request is not clear enough for me to give specific guidance.

Resolution is a term that is in units of pixels per inch or pixels per cm. You just mention resolution in pixels.

It may be much more clear if you take one of your images with the full dimentions and intial pixel dimension and walk through the steps you would use in Photoshop.

Sometimes understanding is achieved by describing the end result you are tyring to achieve.

Also note that resizing vis Image > Image Size lets you can always change two of the three parameters e.g. cm, pixles, pixels per cm. You can pick any two of the three. With resampling turned on, you can change all three to what you want.

So just a big confused on your request.

John Wheeler

@Talsho Simple answer. The specific steps you want to take cannot be done in an Action with Conditional commands. You would need a script to be written.
hope that helps
John Wheeler

Back