What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conversion to snowy effect

Amada

Dear Gurus.
I hope that somebody will be able to help me. Here is my task. I like to convert any object in a color photo to a snowy effect.

In another words, let say you have an object in a color photo, and you need it to appear as though you had sprayed it all over with white paint. In the end you have only one color, white and grays base on shadows (not base on original colors). Of course conversion to B&W doesn't work.

I have attached two images, one is an object in a color photo, the paper machete Paddy.
DSCF2284.jpg

The other snow conversion from this fantastic tutorial:
https://design.tutsplus.com/tutoria...om-desert-photography-in-photoshop--psd-16660
final.jpg

I'm looking for help to achieve the same effect but with no continuous tone or color of source photo
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSCF2284.jpg
    DSCF2284.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
Hello and welcome.

Perhaps something like this?
Screen Shot 2018-03-18 at 1.51.54 AM.png

Thx IamSam. It is done only partially.
First of all: rest of "face" must be done also.
Second of all - and most important: black color is still black. Imagine - top part of hat it is black. If you "spray" it with white - becomes white - but all shadows will be visible as gray areas-darker.

Not sure if I understood you correctly but is it something like this you had in mind?

DSCF2284 snowy.jpg

Hi Eggy. It is not. Still darker white is base on original color, not base on shadows.
Take a look at attached picture. White and shadows only.

however it works only for continuous colors.

Attachments

• Marble.png
    Marble.png
    189.3 KB · Views: 2

Back