What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Layer Styles Cool or warm thats the question

Pipsmom

Guru
Got a guestion guys and frankly can't decide myself. I'm leaning toward warm...but then again that sky is perfect as cool ..:facepalm:
When making a composite how to choose to make it a cool tone like the sky/lake or a warm tone like the sunshine on the boys skin.
I just placed this boy in the picture so look over lack of detail on drop shadows and other stuff yet to do for right now..
The background is original but how do you determine what would be the best over all color when making a composite so it enhances the picture as a whole?
I'd love to hear your options :thinking:

000 Lake.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think that based on how the boy is dressed, I would lean towards warm. I see the boy fishing in those coveralls on a hot summer day.

Pipsmom

Guru
Awwh your a gem, thank you so much Chrisdesign for showing me how the warm would look. You and Sam have helped me choose, thank you

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Warm it is...
With a nice blue sky the way I remember those days. :cheesygrin:

Argos

Guru
I think with the sun behind the boy that zone needs warm tone but i like the blue sky and i dont think you need to aply the warm tone to all the image, i made fast example aplying warm tone on the boy area and cold tone on the lake/sky area, i think you can do both in this image.

It's a fast example with bad selections and work in general XD.

Lakeff.jpg

Cheers!

Pipsmom

Guru
Think you were reading my thoughts from last night Argo as I was thinking over this composite and how to approach the next step... ....I am going with warm TripleYoThreat and I do like the look of that sky also Argos.
Step today is to delete some layers and rework my shadow.....taking my time to get it right this time hopefully