What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Couch Color Match

InsipidlyBrilliant

Hey guys,

I've been attempting to color match the couch to the red cushion; however, I can't seem to get it entirely right in terms of shadows and whatnot. I was hoping someone here wouldn't mind matching the entire couch to the red of the cushion (Including the chaise without the cushion) and maybe give me some pro tips as to the final result :)

thebestcpu

Guru
How's this.
John Wheeler

BTW - If the larger version is needed, that could be provided as well.

ADDED EDIT - I cleaned up the edges a bit better

ANOTHER EDIT - All I first corrected the tone in the image and then sampled the color of the red cushion, created a Layer with Blend set to Color and created a Layer Mask so that the color change only applied to the couch elements. That's it.

Couch-Color-Match-cleanup.jpg

Last edited:

InsipidlyBrilliant

Thanks a tonne! Would you have any recommendations on how to soften the texture between the different cushions? I know how I'd work it in Lightroom but I'm trying to hone some skills specifically in PS.

thebestcpu

Guru
You're welcome. Changing texture on so many portions of the image at different distances and perspective and focus levels can be quite a bit of work. I don't have the time to do that right now yet will leave it for other forum members to pick up and respond with you.

It would be helpful to better understand you end objective e.g. this is for business work, or just learning new skills in Photoshop. Note that some people that sub-contract work to graphic artists don't understand what is easy and what is harder and therefore would cost more money to do. Sometimes there are options to achieve a business persons objective with part of the work being done in Photoshop and some might be physical changes to the furniture and additional images.

Just some quick thoughts
John Wheeler