What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Could someone turn this into a vector image and clean it up?

nicsavage

I did my best to clean it up, but if someone could make this into an even better cleaned up picture and turn it into a vector file it would be much appreciated! :) I need to be able to resize this any size and not lose quality, but i'm not sure how :(

Attachments

• truck.png
    truck.png
    345.9 KB · Views: 17

polarwoc

Guru
I did this in Illustrator and used the LiveTrace feature. Some of the outlines would have smoothed out. Note that this image is a series of paths and can hence be scaled.
1438-After-truck.png
If you want a solid colour like the image you provided, you could open this PNG, duplicate it about 6 - 10 times until you are satisfied with the boldness, then merge it to a composite and use it. Like so:
1438-After1-truck.png

JJLAPIN

Guru
Okay, in that case, I am unsure how it is done.
After you did the live trace it would have been a bunch of paths and would be Vector. You must have exported as a png and placed it back in Illustrator.:unsure:

polarwoc

Guru
After you did the live trace it would have been a bunch of paths and would be Vector. You must have exported as a png and placed it back in Illustrator.:unsure:
Yes, that is exactly what I did. I thought since the paths are still there when I saved the .AI file, I thought it is a vector.

JJLAPIN

Guru
Yes, that is exactly what I did. I thought since the paths are still there when I saved the .AI file, I thought it is a vector.
You may have but that is not the file posted above. That is a png placed in a separate file.

polarwoc

Guru
I copied the paths from the other file and pasted into a new file below:

Attachments

• 1438-Truck1.ai
    1.6 MB · Views: 2