What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of peices i did recently

Bonedog

been working on a costume project with a friend recently, for her university final project, and its been really fun, the hi light of it were the costumes she had made for it, and they inspired me to do these. I took the photo for the one in a suit, i also did the filming for it but sadly I cant post it due to regulations of her university, but I'm so happy with the way these turned out but I'm always looking for ways to improve so any help would be awesome!

naysayer disp.jpgmantar display.jpg

ZipedX

Power User
Nice work Bonedog, has a really nice feel to it. If you could say that..?

Anyways in my opinion the chimneys seems a little of. I think it is because I can't really see any strong light source from below the coloseum. I would have toned it down a bit. Also maybe use diffrent flames?

Overall though nice work, love it!

ibclare

Queen Bee
I have no idea how I could improve on this bonedog. It is wonderful. I love the moods in both of them. It's too bad you can't share the video but that is understandab;le. Keep it coming.

inkpad.t

Guru
Like them both... only a personal thing though.... that cloud at the top right of the man shoulder takes my eye away from the overall image and makes me focus on it... think it should be removed... Again personally i would put some rain splashes on the right hand side of the man at the angle the rain is falling, not to much as the rain is not that hard. I like the rain though is that a brush you made?. You could possibly do some curves or levels on the man for his hair, it looks a bit washed out and blurry compare to the rest of him that looks a bit more detail.

The chimneys on the second image I think should have a curves adjustment to make them blend in with the arena, unless that's the affect your after.

Still very good images though, and still only personal preference.

Bonedog

thank you all very much for the kind words and the critique, ill post some updated versions when i get a chance, this is deffinetly wanted though, always wanting to improve!

and @inkpad.t the rain is simply just monochromatic noise with motion blur, then using a blend mode (cant remember which one) and adding transparency and a low opacity eraser here and there =)

Last edited:

Bonedog

have never actually made my own brush, might be an idea for future projects =) although i like this way of doing it because you can get different results every time.

Lamar Hood

I love that coliseum pic if that's from your imagination then bravo well executed.