What's new

Cover artworks & Random artwork

It's hard to give feedback to artistic ideas because everybody has his our taste and different opinions,...
My opinion is, visually speaking... I like the first one.
The second and third I found it a little bit chaotic...
The second one has too much going on in my opinion, the text doesn't blend very well and the shadow only makes it worst I would removed it if it was me...
The third i really like the idea but i think is too rough, i think t would look a lot better if it was everything smoother, with the body and hand with the same soft grey than the rest.

Cheers!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It's hard to give feedback to artistic ideas because everybody has his our taste and different opinions,...
I agree. Unless there are some technical mistakes, I usually will not comment on art.

While I can't say much about the content of all three, I don't care much for the strength of the drop shadowing of the text in the second, maybe pull that back a little. While the concept of the last image is obvious, to me the actual smoke is a little obscured by the dated filter effect...........as David stated, it's just a bit rough. Had it not been for the text and the hand holding the "smoking device" (and I don't mean an e-sig), I would have not gotten smoke out of this image at all.

Overall, simple but well done images. Where do you get your reference photos?

Thank you for the advice, it is true, the last two are a bit chaotic, maybe I could improve them.
I get my photos off websites, obviously can't use them if they're stock photos or have strict copyright rules, but I usually look up images that are free to use and make something out of them.