What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a duplicate of an item then rotating item

happydude

I have a .jpeg file that contains a pendant on the left and an earring on the right. The earring hook is pointing to the left. I need to replace the pendant with the earring whose hook needs then to be pointing to the right.

Is this possible using Photoshop CS2 on a XP Pro machine?

Thanks for looking.

With just a bit of thought, almost anything is possible when it comes to editing an image with Photoshop. In this case, the solution was very simple.
First you needed to eliminate the medallion. There was enough 'negative' space above it to copy a section > move the copy down > merge, then do some
cloning to clean it up. Second draw a rectangular marque around the earring. Then copy, paste and flip horizontally and move over...merge and clean up.
Now you have what you want, except in this case the new earring is wrong reading. Luckily, it's symetrical, so I simply took the pen tool, traced a path around
the oval copied it pasted it and flipped it. Then I turned off the layer, did some cloning to clean up the area adjacent to the oval ( on the base layer ) then selected
the copy and positioned it and merged. Done deal.
Now in order to separate you from some other PS practitioners you may want to take this to the next step and do some work on the highlights. They are coming from different directions
If you want help with that, let us know ;)

Love you ronmatt. Thank you for your work and explanation.

I will look into the highlighting option when I have time.

Cheers!!

no problem. aways nice to get a response when help is provided. As you may have noticed, so much of the time you don't.

Back