What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creating a realistic Seascape.

In my time using photoshop, I've created a heap of things that are nice, and sometimes spellbinding, Atleast to my view. I created a seascape using photoshop 7.0, I did this back in may, and to be quite honest, I'm not really all that satisfied with it. I would like to make another one, But i can't find any tutorials
to help me. so i was wondering if anyone here knows of any.

Here's the work i've done.

Moth

Power User
What a great Idea! I off to start painting. Care to post a little about the techniques you used?

ljiljana

Guru
Those steps can be your guide to recreate in Photoshop, the way you would see it.

Steps
Look at the ocean images and
describe what you see. Are there
any patterns?
On the paper, draw wavy lines
across the page.
Repeat this process until you have
wavy lines in layers all the way to the
bottom of the page.
Using the darkest blue paint, paint
the bottom layer of your wave
picture.
Mix slightly lighter blue by adding
white or yellow to the blue paint in
the pallet.
Paint the next layer up on your
picture with the new lighter shade of
blue.
Continue painting the layers using
progressively lighter shades of blue
until you get to the last layer and the
paper is full of paint.

Painter Byron Pickering has a tutorial at Wetcanvas:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/50537/545/
and you can view his work at http://www.pickeringstudio.com/

Hope this helps. ;)

sPECtre

Guru
Excellent advices, Lily, especially #1. Observation is often underrated, but it is a key parameter in the success of a piece.

Gaussian

Retired Administrator
sPECtre said:
Excellent advices, Lily, especially #1. Observation is often underrated, but it is a key parameter in the success of a piece.

I fully agree sPECtre! ;)

Sage

I recently did an underwater scene via a tutorial.. now I can't seem to find the tut.. would you be interested in it if I can find it?

Sage

Right sPECtre, but it's not that one either.. this one had a section devoted just to the land part... it was pretty cool, very much like Berts or the one I posted but then it went further on into the bottom area of the sea... oh well.